Brake Press Operator
Kentuckiana Curb Company, Inc. d/b/a KCC Manufacturing, an employee-owned heating and cooling manufacturer located in Jeffersontown, Kentucky, now has an opening for a Brake Press Operator.
As the Brake Press Operator, you will set up and operate a brake press to bend sheet metal to drawing specifications. You must be capable of utilizing common measurement devices to check part compliance to specifications.
• Must have metal forming training/apprenticeship.
• Must be capable of using common measuring equipment for sheet metal.
• Must have a high degree of precision and control.
• Must have knowledge of press brake operation and material limitations.
• Must have knowledge of press brake tooling and tooling applications.
• Must have thorough understanding of press brake and heavy machinery safety.
• Must have thorough understanding of sheet metal handling safety.
• May be required to obtain a fork truck drivers’ license.
• Must have good visual and spatial perception.
• Receive work instructions, prints, and routers for the job.
• Utilize measuring devices such as protractor, vernier calipers, micrometer, thickness gage, machinist square, etc. to check and verify accuracy of work.
• Perform operator daily maintenance of machine and tooling as required.
• Set up press brake tooling.
• Program the operation of a CNC press brake.
• Report machine and tooling problems to Team Leader.
• Assist maintenance in the repair of press brake.
• Maintain and safeguard personal protective equipment.
• Recommend drawing changes, equipment changes or improvements, reduce setup time and tooling costs.
• Examine the work area and monitor during work to maintain a clean and safe environment to prevent injury to self and others.
• Must be able to read part drawings and understand tolerance requirements.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds without the use of lifting equipment.
• Must be able to set ram pressure and adjustment to assure correct die clearance due to metal thickness as indicated by measurement devices.
• Must be able to operate press brake controls and stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, and stand from 6-8 hours per day, plus any overtime.
KCC manufacturing is an employee-owned company that designs and provides products for the HVAC industry. Our diverse team of creative professionals provide unique solutions to our customers needs. Founded in 1987, our customer focused approach is based on continuous Improvement in personnel, process, and equipment.
Click "Apply now" to be considered & to receive our contact info!
KCC Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.